Thursday, June 9, 2011

Feeling Festive: The 4th

I found a tutorial last year on how to make a fabric star garland.
My mom LOVES patriotic decor and the 4th of July, so there was no way I could pass by the tutorial when a red, white, and blue star garland could be oh so cute! 
I think I sent her the tutorial last year, but I made her one this year for her birthday anyway.
And if I'm making one for my mom, I gotta make one for me, right?  :)

You can make one too, if you like it, by going to
Click on her link to 'tutorials' and you'll see a picture of the star garland.

This wasn't a quick, one afternoon project, but you can end up with an adorable garland to hang up year after year.  I love that she mentions that you can make this in any color scheme for things like birthday parties or baby nurseries... so cute.

So here's my patriotic stars:

You start out with five diamonds that get sewn to make the front and back of each star.


Big Brown Eyes
 My projects aren't complete without other little projects for littler hands lying around too :)
here are some pre-stuffed stars
 And voila!  I'm so ready for bbq's and fireflies and swimming time and fireworks and watermelon and just all the fun that comes with the 4th of July!!
I absolutely love the gradation of size in the stars.
click on the photo to see a larger image


gotta love the wii going on, right?... this is what's giving me my bloggin time ;)
 And I've got a little festivity hanging on the front door too :)

Can't wait for the 4th!  :D

Next on the list of things to do: a little powder room decor

No comments:

Post a Comment