Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vintage-esque Summer Pillow Covers

I don't think I ever really clarified what my real intent is behind this blog...

My biggest hope is that it inspires a project for you to do!  I love looking at other people's work and thinking, "Hey- I would love to do something like that, but maybe in this other way?"  So I hope this blog is always an avenue for inspiration!  I've thought about writing out tutorials for things, but I think I'll leave that on a 'per request' basis.  If you really like something and want step-by-step instructions on how to do it, I'd be happy to write up a tutorial!  I think most everything is pretty simple- so hopefully just seeing things put together can inspire you on how to make your own.  :)

I had my spring pillows out on the couch and felt that times were a'changin'...

90+ degrees can stomp spring out of your mind pretty quickly.  ;)
So I made some summer pillowcovers!  My goal was mellow, soft, and vintage-y feeling.  I knew I wanted to applique some stuff onto the blue linen I had.  And I wanted to try making them 'envelope' style.  So here's how they turned out!

Thank you Michaels for your assorted collection of mini doilies  :)  That's definitely what put these over the edge for a 'vintage' look to me.

I had fun making the flowers out of the same fabric as my larger pillows on the couch.  It all feels very unified.

I <3 buttons!



The pillows have already been put to some good use.  What's fun is that the large pillows are reversible too.  I haven't had the stripes facing forward for a while, and I really like it with the new pillows!
Here is the 'envelope' style back I was talking about.  I think pillowcovers are about the greatest thing ever.  Cheap IKEA pillows that can be changed every single season?  Yeah, that rocks!
Ahahaha goof ball.  If the camera is out, there must be pictures taken of "ME!!"
He's so dang irresistable.
 So go get some pillow inserts and have a blast making cute pillow covers!  :)  Next project on the line:  A patriotic stuffed star garland that is ADORABLE. 

1 comment:

  1. Sheen! They turned out so cool! I absolutely LOVE the envelope idea!!

    ReplyDelete